How to change TikTok username
The TikTok video-sharing app automatically assigns you a username when you download the app and become a user of this app. However, keeping in mind that you may need to create your username and change it, TikTok allows the users to change their username. At one point, you will surely want to change the username assigned by TikTok, and this is the guide that’ll help you do it.
In case you are willing to change your username on TikTok, think about a relevant and good username that represents your individuality. If you are an influencer or aim to become one, make sure that the username gives an insight of you as an individual and reflects your online personality.
Here are the steps you will have to follow to change your username on TikTok:
1. Open your TikTok application and login
2. Tap on the “Me” option located on the bottom right side of your screen to go to your home or profile page.
3. Now choose the red “Edit Profile” button that’s located below your profile picture
4. Select your current username
5. Delete the existing username and type the new username you wish to use
6. Tap on the “Save” button
Things you need to know while changing the username
1. Once you are done with this procedure, the TikTok database will check tons of usernames, and if any similar username that you entered, they will not allow you to use it. TikTok will give pop a notification that the username is unavailable, and you will have to choose another username. You will have to try entering another username.
2. On the other hand, if they find the username unused, your new username will get approved. Your username will then be changed, and you will be able to use it.
3. Also, remember that TikTok sets a limitation for all the users to change the username. You can change your username once every 30 days and note more than that. Thus, before choosing a username, make sure that you don’t make any typing mistake, or choose an unsuitable or inappropriate username. You surely don’t want to get stuck with any irrelevant or unliked username for a month!
4. If you are an influencer, you might want to use a similar username for all your social media accounts so that your followers and fans can quickly identify you. Just choose relevant usernames so you can easily link your other platforms.
These are the steps for changing the username on TikTok and a simple guide to choosing an appropriate username for your profile. Pick a username that represents who you are and can help your fans and followers from other platforms to recognize you on TikTok.
Also, make sure that you don’t pick any username that gives away any personal information or consists of any prohibited words.